Monday, November 5, 2012

November Posts in a Neat Package

There have been so many improvements lately.  The improvements always come with the same old frustrations thrown into the mix, but they are to be remembered just the same.  Not one can be stretched to fill a post, because they're simple things.  So in the tradition of all things November, here's a list of some of the things I'm thankful for.  I'll try not to exceed Blogger's database.

I'm thankful for my kids, my husband, my own immediate family and my husband's.  There can't be a more supportive group of people on the face of the earth.  God has granted us harmony with our families and for that we are humbled and grateful.

I'm thankful for all I've learned in the past seven-plus years of motherhood.  It's been a wild ride, and I wouldn't trade it.

I'm thankful for all the times I wouldn't want to live through again.  Every minute of every hardship grew, stretched, and shoved me into the light of the gospel of Christ.  Every. Single. Minute.

I'm thankful for the internet.  I'm thankful for and proud of the other moms I've met via blog, Facebook, Twitter, and the host of other ways of connecting people over miles.  And I have no idea how parents handled raising kids... especially special needs kids... before the information and connection superhighway.

I'm thankful for the God-given discretion to know which of these places to heed and which to turn from. Google can be a life-saver, but it can also be a blood-pressure raiser.

I'm thankful that my brain works similarly to the majority of the population.  I can have a thought, process it, and tell my mouth to speak it.  I can hear something someone else says, think, and respond.  I can read, and at the same time, speak the very words I'm reading. I know how to say hello if you say hello to me.  I know and understand your facial expressions and how to act accordingly.

I'm thankful that two of my kids are programmed to do all those things as well.

I'm thankful for each therapist, educator, paraprofessional, student, and doctor who has helped my eldest learn to do these things.

I'm thankful for the things that brought into sharper focus how much I have to be thankful for.

There are so many other things I could list.  I could sit here all day, typing the blessings we live in each day.  There is no way the list would end.  As I look over the list, the common thread isn't among the blessings, but the blesser.

And other than the Blesser himself, I'm the most thankful for the ways He rescues me from myself.  My own sins of selfishness, pride, indulgence, and control... although in ways I would never have chosen... and for His being willing to take time to listen when I'm overwhelmed with trying to figure it all out myself.

Most of all, I'm thankful for God's sovereignty; for that is the spring from which all my peace, joy, and comfort spring.

Happy beginning of the holiday season!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...